Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 53: October 3, 2016

Hello y'all,

          This has been an incredible week.  Plus time is going by too quick, it felt just like yesterday I was send my Monday email.  But just got to keep moving strong.  So one of the awesome things that happened was general conference.  Where we got to hear the words of the prophet and apostles.  It was an awesome incredible experiences.  I learned so much, and really felt the spirit.  I love general conference, it was so awesome!!!!!

     For example this past Saturday we had a elders quórum BBQ before the priesthood session, we had 2 less actives come!  Both were invited by a member when we brought a member to the lesson.  It was awesome for both of them and a big eye opener for them.  We are excited to see them start coming back.  One of them committed to be at church next Sunday so that will be awesome!  The elders quórum president said, hey we need you and you need to be back in activity and that struck a chord so he is coming back.  We also had a great lesson with our investigator Nate who is awesome.  He has so many great questions about the restoration and is soaking it all in.  He read 3 nephi 11 at least 4 times before our return appointment so that he couple understand it.  And he accepted the invite to baptism, he doesn't know when yet because he has some family issues but is continuing to progress.  It was great because we had the bishop there and bishop came up with a perfect fellowshiper for Nate.  I truly have a testimony of having members at lessons.  The more I involve them the more comfortable the investigators feel, and it's so much greater when the member extends the invite.  Members are key.  As missionaries we get moved around so if we can help these people build relationships with the members who stay that will help them always have a friend there.

       I'm kinda confused why the font just changed on my as I have been writing but oh well.  Anyways I hope y'all have a great week.  I want y'all to know that I know Jesus Christ is our savior.  That he loves each and every one of us.  One thing that was talked about was that the atonement of Jesus Christ has no bounds.  No matter how deep the hurt, or big he sin through Jesus Christ we can all be clean and healed.

I hope y'all are able to remember this throughout the week!

ELDER GUINUP

Prayer emoji socks that I found for $1

6 racks of ribs cooked for us by some members.  Yummy Southern food.


No comments:

Post a Comment