Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 47: August 22, 2016

Happy happy Monday!!!!!!

          I hope y'all had an amazing week, this past week for me was amazing.  It has been crazy busy but it has been so worth while.  This week we were able to met with a lot of amazing people.  People who not only are interested in learning, but those who have a desire to grow closer to God and our savior.  One of them, Ben, is really progressing well.  He has felt the spirit as we have met with him and has really taken big steps of faith.  He is reading the bible and the Book of Mormon everyday.  He reads any pamphlets we leave with him.  The next step is for him to come to church and then get baptized.  And he really wants to, so he is taking the steps necessary to make that covenant.

          So today all he missionaries went bowling, oh man am I trash.  The first game I did decent.  I was able to get about 120ish but the second game I was just trash.  I got  88 points.  Man I got destroyed!  But it was tons of fun to get out with the other missionaries and just have some relax time.  I'll include some photos from that in this email.  Right now we are at he church playing bball, and emailing.  

         Well one thing that I don't think I have mentioned in any of my weekly emails over my mission but seriously needs to be addressed.  Apparently in Florida you have to own a dog to live here.  Well not really but it feels like everyone has a dog, and when we knock doors it feels like they bark like they have never barked before.  And sometimes that makes he owners mad.  But it's fun, I love dogs still.  Just not when they bark, when we knock doors, and it's late at night.  But hey that's life!  

       Some other awesome things that happened this week is we had a zone conference.  So all the missionaries in the Gainesville area and lake city areas got together with the mission president and talked about how we can improve and things that are going great.  One of my favorite trainings was given by Sister Lee (the mission presidents wife) she trained about how sometimes we think we are inadequate.  How sometimes we feel like we are not good enough or we compare ourselves to other people.  As one of he missionaries put it comparing our bloopers to someone's highlights.  But then sister Lee. Said somethings profound that struck me.  I think this is how she said it, How could a child of An all loving Father in Heaven not be good enough!  I know this is true, even when we feel down we have to remember that we are sons and daughters of an all knowing loving God.  I hope y'all know that, and always remember that God loves you!

Have a great week and have fun!  

ELDER GUINUP
Trio life, elder spencer the one driving, and elder hardy the one sleeping.

The Gainesville zone with President and Sister Lee

The missionaries in Ocala

No comments:

Post a Comment