Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 52: September 26, 2016

Good afternoon!!!!!

            This past week has been awesome, elder Barnes and I have seen so many awesome miracles.  First off i will say this past week has been has been hard, but has not been bad.  A lot of people have not been home this past week, or they have been sick.  So that happened, but we did see many miracles.  We had a little bit of a slower week as we are implementing some more things in the mission to help us be more effective and better at teaching lessons and finding people. As always, change takes time to figure out and get into a good grove. It is so wonderful how when we get comfortable, the Lord gives us somthing that we can work on and change to become even better! We had so many miracles this week. We have done a lot of Less Active and Inactive Member finding! We have been doing at least an hour and a half each day! That being said, we found a few people that weren't very happy to see us, but we always found someone that would let us come back and want to meet with us! We had an incredible lesson with an inactive member last night. It was kind of scary... I have been working on being bold and loving. With the Spirits help I was able to do that with this member. We brought our awesome Elders Quorum President with us. We were all bold and loving! He is going to come to the Priesthood Barbecue Social on Saturday and then the Priesthood session of conference after! It was so Great! We met wit an investigator who we met with on Thursday, he told us that he has been reading from the Book of Mormon and that he loves it!!!!! He asked us for another chapter to read and he is having us over for dinner tomorrow night!! We are having a lot of miracles happening here in this area! It is on fire! I can't wait to see what will keep happening! This next week is General Conference. I am so excited for it! It is a perfect time for us all to feel the spirit and have guidance of what the Lord wants us to do in our lives.  It is when we have the opportunity to listen to the words of the prophet and the apostles and other church leaders. I would invite and highly encourage all of you to watch it. Even if you can only catch a little bit of it. I can testify that is has helped me in my life. It is this Saturday and Sunday, you can find out the times on LDS.org.  It is one of the reasons why I am out on a mission and has helped mold me into who I am today. I know that those men and women are called of God and receive revelation and inspiration to help us. I love y'all so so much. Please watch general conference and tell me what you thought. I hope y'all have a great week!


ELDER GUINUP
The missionaries in the Jacksonville beaches area

No comments:

Post a Comment