Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 49: September 5, 2016

 Happy Labor Day!

          This past week has been awesome, crazy, and everything else.  I have so much to report on but not too much time.  First up is transfers, I'm being transferred!  Guess where??  Remember I started my mission in Jax beach.  Well in that district there is the Jax beach ward and Fort Caroline Ward.  I'm being sent to Fort Caroline (which is in the east side of Jacksonville) as the district leader.  I have the opportunity to serve 7 other missionaries and help all of us grow and work together to do the lords work.  I'm super excited to go there, I know a couple of the ward members and will have the opportunity to go on trade offs in Jax beach and see a lot of my old friends.  

            Next as some of you may know there was a hurricane this past week that went up the east coast.  It didn't touch us luckily here in Ocala.  We receive a lot of wind and rain but the hurricane itself didn't cross directly over us.  So it wasn't too bad, we just received a power outage for a couple hours.  So not too bad.

          Also since I hit my year mark in a week I had he opportunity to go to the temple here in Orlando.  It is such a beautiful building and I really felt the spirit there.  It had been a while since I had gone and I had really missed it.  I'm so glad for all the wonderful blessings that come through the temple.  Especially the knowledge that through marriage in the temples families can be together forever.  I'm so grateful for that knowledge, and I know it's true because I have felt the spirit testify to me that it is.

         Alright, before I go I'll leave y'all with a little thought.  I was reading a talk by a past prophet, President Kimball, about leading like the savior.  One of the things he said really struck me, it said...Jesus Christ ran a "do as I do" program, not a "do what I say".  It really struck me that everything he ever asked us to do he did himself.  That is true leadership, I know that our savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us.  That we will truly be blessed as we follow his example.

I hope y'all have a great week, stay safe, 

ELDER GUINUP

Orlando Temple

Most of the missionaries I came out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment