Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 15: December 28, 2015


Merry late Christmas and a happy new year!!!!!!!

        Christmas was so much fun this last week, I hope y'all were
able to have a great time with your families and friends.  It was
kinda weird though for me, mainly because it was 80 something degrees
on Christmas Day and was so humid.  But besides the heat it was a
great day, I was able to Skype my family which was really awesome, and
then so many families took us in and fed us.  From a Chinese dinner on
Christmas, to a pot of crab legs and craw fish, to just a traditional
ham and turkey.  But there was a lot of fun opportunities to spend
that time with other families.

        Also with Christmas last week a bunch of us missionaries got
together and went caroling.  It was a lot of fun, there was about 12
of us and we were able to go out and sing for about 2 hours.  Of
course with it being Florida we were sweating while walking around at
8pm.  Doesn't make sense but at least it is supposed to start getting
cold in the next couple days.  I'm so excited for it to finally cool
down.

       Besides all of the fun activities this last week it just dawned
on me, it's 2016 this Friday!!!!!  Oh man I can't believe how quick
this whole year has gone by.  And with the new year comes the goals.
I don't have all of my goals down but I do know that one of them is to
get better at these emails.  I always feel like I don't write enough
each week, but I'm going to try to find more stuff to write about.

        But I am so grateful for this time I had to reflect this last
week on the saviors birth and what it means in our lives.  I truly
have felt his love this season and I hope y'all were able to feel it
as well.  We are all blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who sent
his son to come and be our savior and redeemer.  I love this gospel
and the many wonderful opportunities I have to share it with others.
I love and miss you all.

     So have a happy new year and be safe, I'll talk to y'all next week!

Elder Guinup
Elder Bangerter and Elder Guinup- Happy Companions!
Christmas at Neptune Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment