Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 12: December 7, 2015

Good morning y'all!

       It's crazy to think that it is December.  I know that just about every email I send out is talking about how crazy it is to me to see the time just fly by.  But it is crazy!!!!!!  It has been nice over here though the past week, it is started to get cold and that means it is sweater weather.  It is nice go out side and not immediately start to feel sweat on your face.  But this weather keeps getting better and better, I love the cold but I know that this won't last for too long so that does make me kinda sad.

       Since it is Christmas season that means there is so much awesome stuff coming out about Christ's birth and I feel that this time of year just makes people happy.  Anyways one of those things is
the church Christmas video, it is all about his birth.  The video is just so awesome I won't spoil it for y'all if you haven't seen it yet, if you haven't seen it go to Christmas.mormon.org it is just an awesome website with that video and many more.  I invite y'all to go check it out, it has definitely brightened my day and has helped me think about my savior during this season.

      So if you can't tell I love it down here so much.  The work down here is going great, especially because of the season.  I feel people have a bigger desire to learn more around this time.  So one of the things that would help share the message is that video I was talking about.  That's why I am so glad we have iPads out here.  I can't remember if I told y'all when I first came out they gave us iPads.  They are monitored so we don't abuse them, but it helps us share the message because we can have videos and other resources downloaded onto the iPad which makes it so easy go just share it out on the street.  I'll share one experience,this last week we were just walking down by the beach and ended up sharing the Christmas video with someone.  He wasn't to interested before and was reluctant to even watch the video but after he watched it he wanted to learn more.  So he told us to meet him at McDonald's the next day.  So we did, he ended up having a lot of questions but we were able to answer them.  It is so awesome to see people change as they let themselves learn more and start to recognize that they need God in their life.  He is now really excited to keep learning more and to
grow his own faith in God even stronger than it is now.

I love you all and hope y'all have a great week,
Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment