Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 4: October 12, 2015



Hey y'all,

       This week was crazy, there was so much going on and it went by
so fast I couldn't believe it.  I left home about a month ago.  That's
crazy to think of.  The area I'm in I have a car to drive every other
week.  When we don't have the car we bike but it's not bad because
Florida is flat.  The only hill out here is a bridge.  Which is only
bad when it is really hot outside......which it is most of the time.
Anyways besides that it was so awesome to go around finding people who
want to learn about the church.  There was his one man who actually
called us over because he said he heard a voice telling him that it's
time to call us over and learn.  It really got me thinking, there
really are people that God has prepared to learn.  All we have to do
is have faith that God will lead us to them.  Also yesterday at church
I gave a talk on Galatians 5:22-23.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

It got me thinking, we can feel the spirit and receive its fruit when
we follow Gods commandments.  But I knew that and I kept thinking what
am I missing.  Then it hit me, the fruit of the spirit is good, we can
"Taste" it, but it being fruit we can share it with others.  And
that's when it hit me, that's what I'm really doing.  Not just
throwing church doctrine at people but that through the spirit we may
know the truth of all things.  That is what's so amazing, through our
faith we may know the truthfulness of Christ's teachings.

I miss you all,

Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment