Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 10: November 23, 2015

Oh Boy!

      I feel really bad for my lack of time management last week and
not sending out this email.  So I'm going to try to write more than
usual to make up for it.  I hope y'all will forgive me, I'll try to
not let it happen again.

      But let's forget that for a moment, this last week has been
good, maybe even great, or awesome, let's say I have the courage to
say it was fantastic.  The weather is finally starting to cool down,
but it is cooling down quick, yesterday it was none chilling cold.  I
liked it but at times my hands were getting a little numb.  Rather
cold and numb than hot and sweaty.  Oh and another this, thanksgiving
is his week ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Where did November go, I thought
that it just started.  My mind right now just can't comprehend what is
going on!!!!!  Oh boy I got to calm down.....

          Anyways the Missionary work is beyond fun, but besides fun
it is amazing to be apart of this work and be able to see people
change as they put their faith in Christ.  One of those experiences
was with a member of the church.  His name is josh, he is preparing to
serve his mission and actually has his call.  He leaves for Perth
Australia next month, what an awesome place to be called, almost as
good as Jacksonville.....  But anyways he was with us on a mini
mission, where he lives with us and does everything we do for 10 days.
So he can get an idea of what he should be ready for.  But it was
really cool to be able to see his faith grow as he took part in the
work.

         As missionaries on of the major things we do besides teaching
is just doing service.  We usually do about 10 hours of service a
week, it's interesting to see how service though brings no self gain
is incredibly enjoyable and makes your day 10 times better.  One of
these service opportunities was this last Saturday, where we did
something called farm share.  It is where people needing food line up
to go through and get bags of food.  It was crazy to hear how some of
the people got up at 2am just to be one of the first to get food.  But
we were there to help carry their food through the line and back to
the car or bus stop.  But there were so many bags and they were really
heavy so my arms are nice and sore.  Besides all of the bags we had to
carry and how tired we all got so quick it was really awesome to hear
how grateful all these people were for this little act of service.
That because we were able to just carry their bags their day was a
little easier.  This experience really touched me, if I could
encourage y'all to do anything it would be to take a little time
during this holiday season and just go serve someone.  It will bring
the Christ more into your life as you are able to do this.

I love y'all and hope y'all have a good thanksgiving!

Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment