Sunday, December 20, 2015

Week 8: November 10, 2015

Hey y'all,

         This last week has gone by crazy fast, it's so weird that the
transfer is ending this week.  The transfers are every 6 weeks, so I
could be in a area from 6 weeks to about 6 months.  But I'm staying in
Jax beach with Elder Mann.  I was so glad into to stay with him, he
has been teaching me a ton.  But I have two crazy experiences, one was
that on Sunday it rained.  And I don't mean just rain it poured.  It
just didn't pour it was like the faucet in the clouds broke and was
just gushing water!  But it was fun because we got to bike in it and
we're biking through puddles that were about 1 to 2 feet deep.  It was
so much fun even though we got soaked to he bone.  Funny enough the
rain stopped after we were done biking for 30 min!  Oh Florida is so
weird, only here can you either be soaked by he rain, or put a jacket
on and be soaked by sweat due to the high humidity and 80 degree
weather in the rain.

One a better note I had an awesome experience this last week.  I had
been praying to have a spiritual experience to where I felt the
promoting to talk to someone or to knock at a specific house.  Well
this last week we were biking to dinner and passed a guy on the bus
stop, I felt the need to talk to him but kept going.  But then the
feeling kept telling me to go and kept getting stronger and stronger
till I couldn't keep biking.  We stopped and turned around and talked
to him.  It ended up being a waste of time at first, he wasn't
interested at all it didn't want to talk.  But right as we were about
to go another man came to the bus stop and saw our missionary name
tags and immediately began to ask questions.  We hen found out that he
was interested in turning his life around and coming back to church.
We set a date to have a lesson with him and set on our way.  As we
biked away I relived that my prayer was answered, that if I didn't go
back to the bus stop we would have never met him.  This help
strengthen my testimony, I know that God hears all of our prayers and
will answer us.  It might not be right away but he will answer, we
just have to listen for it.

I love you all,
Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment