Friday, December 25, 2015

Week 14: December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas Y'all,

       Mann Christmas is this Friday, that's crazy.  It's a little
weird to be away from home around this time of the year but I know
everything will work out.  Also it is weird because the weather can't
decide what season it is.  It was really hot and humid last week and
now it has been cold and humid so that the wind bites you to the bone.
I don't know, it seems a little weird to me to have the weather like
this in December, but I am in Florida so I guess it makes sense.

      But I hope everybody is having a great week so far, and
hopefully have a lot of awesome plans for Christmas.  I just can't
wait because we have so many awesome families in the area who have
invited us over.  But it should be a great day, one of the families,
the Walters, are having a Chinese Christmas dinner just for fun.  So
this should be fun!

      But here's the meat of the email, it is about what happened this
last week, so before transfers elder Mann was on a trade off with
elder Carillio and they found a guy who was super interested and
accepted the invitation to be baptized.  So on Saturday night Elder
Bangerter and I went and visited with him, he was so sincere and knows
that this is the time in his life where he needs to come closer to
Christ.  So we invited him to prepare to be baptized on the 16th of
January, he accepted and was super excited to come to church and to
continue to learn more.  Then that next day at church he just
immediately started fellowshipping with the members on his own, he
loved it there and had just amazing question during Sunday school.  I
am so blessed to be able to be here and help him in this journey as he
prepares for baptism.

I hope y'all have a great week, and have a merry Christmas!

Elder Guinup
Elder Guinup: Christmas 2015
Richard's Companion: Elder Bangerter

No comments:

Post a Comment