Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 16: January 4, 2016

Good Morning y'all!

      I hope y'all had a great new year!  Time has just blown past me,
not just out here on my mission but this whole year has just zipped
by.  I hope this year won't fly by as quick.  But I am excited to
start he year off and am trying to start off running and keep the work
going strong.  Also it is finally getting cold here, I am so happy!
It isn't blazing hot but it isn't too cold either.  It is just the
perfect temperature.

     This last week though has been a little hard as we had a good
amount of appointments cancel on us last minute and other random
things pop up.  So we have spent a lot of the week doing door to door
and trying to find new people to talk to.  But sadly that too has been
a little slow.  Besides it not being as good I haven't been
disappointed which has been great.  I have actually loved all the hard
experiences, it has really helped shape me to the missionary I need to
be.

     But besides the hard days and the slow work we still had some
great experiences. One experience was with an investigator that is
progressing towards baptism.  We had a lesson with him this last week
and he had just had 2 beers but was still coherent. So he kept asking
what God wants him to do and how to do it. We were talking about his
baptismal date and he wanted to know if this is the path that he wants
him on. We invited him to say a kneeling prayer with us, the spirit
was so strong durring the prayer, after waiting for an answer after
the prayer we asked how he felt. He said he couldn't feel the spirit
because he was drunk, he said he didn't like that and wanted to stop
right there. We tought him the word of wisdom and invited him to live
it. He said he would stop drinking alcohol, coffee and tea. He said
the smoking will take a little longer but he is slowing down on that
as well. He was truly prepared to receive this gospel now and it is
amazing to see him grow.

    Well that is it for this week, I hope y'all have a great week and
I'll talk to y'all later,

Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment