Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 19: January 25, 2016

Good afternoon y'all,

          This week has been an interesting and fun week.  To start
off it was so cold, yes I said it cold in Florida. It was 38 degress
but with the wind chill and humidity it was about 20.  Talk about
cold, so I had a long sleeve shirt on, 2 sweaters, a scarf, and my
north face.  And still was cold.  It was not the best experience to go
through but it isn't as cold today and should be a little warmer this
next week.  But I never thought it would be cold in Florida, like in
the morning there was ice on some of the cars, it was crazy!!!!  Oh my
but today it's back to the 60s but the wind still makes it a little
cold.

          One last thing, so Elder Bangerter and I are getting along
really well.  We had a hard spell last week that lasted 2 days but
then we were able to talk it out and all is well.  He really is
awesome and really helping me grow.  We have started doing pranks.  I
have been scaring him by hiding and then popping out and screaming.
He got me back by pretending to sleep talk and sleep walk.  It was
pretty funny and he totally got me.  Ahhhh it is fun, but life at the
beach is still great.

          So here's a fun thing, so remember how we had a baptism
planned for February 6th.  Not anymore......its this Saturday!!!!!!
I'm so excited, his name it C*** and he's doing great.  He really
loves the church and is keeping the commandments and doing everything
he needs to do to be baptized.  It is really a great miracle that we
even met him.  So this might take a little bit to explain but here we
go.  So about  a month ago we  were going through a list of former
investigators.  So people that used to meet with missionaries but
don't any more.  So C*** hasn't met with missionaries in about 2 years
but we went to his house and knocked on his door.  His mom came out
and said, "oh Mormons, come back another day, C*** not here."  So we
decided to go back the next week.  That following Sunday a man we didn't
know came to church so we went to introduce himself.  He said his name
was C*** and that he hadn't come to church in a while.  He asked us if
we would like to come to his house later that week.  So we went over
and had a great first lesson with him.  At the end of the lesson we
invited him to be baptized.  He accepted and now we are here with him
entering the waters of baptism this Saturday.

But that was the week, some great miracles and a lot of cold days.  I
hope y'all have a great week and I'll talk to y'all next week!

Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment