Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 20: February 1, 2016

Good morning y'all,

         This has been a crazy awesome week, a lot of miracles that
happened.  But before I write about some of them some news has arisen.
I found out that this next week I will be transferred to a new area!
I'm leaving Jax beach and am going to the north part of Jacksonville.
To an area call Dunn avenue, it is one of the poorest areas in
Jacksonville.  I'm really excited to get going and working in my new
area.  I meet up with my new companion this Wednesday, his name is
Elder Bore.  He is from Canada, how cool is that!!  I hope he has
bottle galore of maple syrup....anyways this should be a lot of fun.

       Now to the miracles, the first was a baptism we had this last
Saturday.  A man named C*** got baptized, he was so excited for
Saturday.  The cool thing was he asked me to baptize him.  It was a
neat experience, I was so nervous when I went to baptize him but
everything went well.  And then also his confirmation the next day
went really well on top of that.  He loves this gospel and the gospel
has helped him become a better man, he is going to do a lot of amazing
things in his life.  But I am just so proud of him and his decision to
follow Christ.

      A lot of good things going on here at the beach.  We set another
baptismal date is last weekend.  Funny story I didn't tell y'all the
story behind this guy, his name is W******.  I met him about 3 months
ago.  The first time we met him he had taken 40 shots of alcohol and
was belligerent.  He threatened to cut our throats, he went on and on
just yelling at us, it was pretty funny.  But we met with him a couple
more times and now he is sober and has read over 100 pages of the Book
of Mormon.  This has really helped me grow a testimony that this
gospel can really change people's lives.  He had been drinking
everyday for over 6 months and was able to stop in just a couple
weeks.  It wasn't easy for him, and still isn't the easiest thing now
but he made up his mind and is not drinking anymore.

       While all of these great miracles were happening the weather
changed on us.  It is starting to get hot again.  It's the first day
of February and 79 degrees.  Ahhhhh why couldn't it stay cold longer.
It might drop in temperature again, but who knows.  I am starting to
get used to it though.....I hope.  Well that's it for this week, I
hope y'all have a great day!!!


Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment