Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 23: February 22, 2016

Hey y'all,

      I hope y'all have had a great week, it has been pretty crazy for
me.  This last week we were always so busy.  We traveled up to Georgia
for a day for some training.  It was really awesome and I learned a
lot of great stuff to help the missionary work grow her in
Jacksonville.  The one thing that was special to me was the special
spirit that could be felt at that meeting.  It was indescribable how
much we are able to learn and comprehend when the spirit is present.
It helps bring knowledge to our minds and inspiration to guide our
lives.Also funny thing that is happening in our mission.  They
installed these boxes in our car called tiwi.  It monitors how fast we
go, if we brake or turn hard, leave mission, seat belt is on or off,
and some other stuff.  So when we get in the car the driver swipes his
card to sign in.  Then anything he does wrong can be on his record and
president Craig will know what he/she did. It's funny because it talks
to us when we mess up.  And because it is a big part of our life now
we had to give it a name, We named him Lopez.  Lopez isn't the nicest
sometimes but I think he tries his best 😉

       This week has had its crazy times but we were still able to go
out and get the work done.  The one awesome Thing is we have a baptism
coming up this weekend. She has truly been prepared for this.  I am
truly grateful for having amazing people around me change and let me
apart of their lives.  I'll write more about her next week after the
baptism.

       One last experience from this week.  There was a member who was
in a hospital near by us.  He wanted some missionaries supplies so he
could do missionaries work while in the hospital.  When we got there,
a different guy was in his room.  By he just let us in, he had been
messed up really bad.  But he just had us sit down and talk with him.
It was really awesome because he was interested but had no idea who we
were at first.  But God works in mysterious ways, now he loves us
coming by to see him and he is going to be reading the Book of Mormon
soon.

       I just wanted to let you all know that I know this is the true
gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have seen the blessings that come as we are
obedient to his commandments and as we follow our saviors example. If
you haven't read from the Book of Mormon I would highly encourage it,
it is not only a book, it is the word of God.  And I promise you will
feel the spirit as you read it.

I love you all and I hope y'all have a great week!


Elder Guinup

No comments:

Post a Comment