Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 24: February 29, 2016

Good afternoon y'all,

         I hope y'all have had a great week!  It has started to get hotter down here in Florida.  I'm a little sad, it's staring to get to the point where it is more of an uncomfortable hot than anything else.  It isn't the best feeling to walk out of your apartment some days and immediately begin to sweat.  But thus is mission life down here.

        This past week for us has been great, we had a baptism this last Saturday.  F***** was super excited to take that step and come closer to Christ.  She is such a great lady and I was very blessed to be apart of her life and be able to see the gospel of Jesus Christ change somebody's life.  It's crazy some of the things she was able to overcome, she was able to get her life in order quicker than anybody I have seen.  But that was one great experience I had.

        Oh one funny thing I just thought of was this last week we drove by an old Asian man selling bonsai trees.  So we turned the car around to go look at them.  We found out real quickly that they are really expensive.  Holly cow, but they looked so cool.  I have now decided that once I get home I am going to try to grow a bonsai tree.  I might not know how but they look so cool so I'm going to try.

       One awesome that happened this week was at a missionary training meeting.  We talked about attitude, but more specifically the "I Will" attitude.  That we have to be 100% in, we can say I'll try or I'll do my best.  Because that is giving ourselves an put, or a way to not complete the task.  But when we say "I Will" we are telling ourselves that we are going to do what ever it takes to a implies hour task.  Since then I have decided to have that "I will" attitude always.  That even though a task may seem a little hard, nothing is impossible with God.  So if we are doing his will he will help us.  He does not give us anything above which we are able.

I hope y'all have a great week!
       

         ~Elder Guinup~
Florida Jacksonville Mission 
P.S. We found a tank on the rail road when we were biking
so we took a picture. 
And that's my companion Elder Bore.

No comments:

Post a Comment