Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 43: July 11, 2016

Good Morning y'all,

         This has been a crazy week full of awesome experiences, Elder Bladen and I are having tons of miracles happen, as well as having tons of fun.  First off I need to comment on the weather like usual.  This week hasn't been too bad, it's getting hotter every day but I guess I've just learned to deal with it.  So it hasn't bothered me as much as it usually does.  Though this last Saturday we were walking at on some trails talking to people, and we thought it might be nice and shady trails.  Nope, none of them had tree cover so we just walked in 100 Degree and higher heat.  But then we realized we were a little behind schedule and had to be somewhere soon.  So to make up for some time we started running in our white shirt, tie and slacks.  It was fun, we had to stop by the apartment quickly to change because we were literally soaking wet.  It was a blast!

           But here I'll share a couple of the awesome miracles that have happened this week.  We have one member of the church that we have helped start coming back to church recently.  He really wanted to stop smoking though, so through a lot of prayer and fasting we have helped him.  He has been off smoking for about 2 weeks, which has been amazing!!!!  He is so great and we have an amazing relationship with him.  He is going through a lot of trials and it has been great to see him turn to Christ to help him overcome these challenges.

         I guess the last thing I want to mention is the power of prayer.  Over these past 10 months of my mission I have learned what prayer really can mean to me.  As I have gone through hard times, and the people I am teaching are going through hard times.  I have seen turning to God can improve a situation.  I've seen God step into my life and lift me.  I have also seen the continual comfort as I have prayed during the good times.   I know that God lives, and that he loves us.  He loves us so much that he sent his son, our brother Jesus Christ.  This gospel has blessed me and my family more than I can explain.  I hope that all of y'all can feel of God's love for you as well.

I hope y'all have a great week!
        

ELDER GUINUP

No comments:

Post a Comment