Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 41: June 27, 2016

Good morning y'all, or what ever time of day it is when you read this,

             This has been a really awesome week with many wonderful opportunities to serve others.  We have been meeting a lot of new people so I have been able to get better at introducing my self and getting right to teaching them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. So that has been incredible and I'm loving every minute of it.

            So a lot of changes has happened this week.  Our mission president, he is he one who is over all the missionaries serving in the Florida Jacksonville area, goes home tomorrow.  Mission presidents serve for 3 years and then go back home.  So tomorrow we will have our new mission president in.  So this might bring around a lot of change, but it is exciting.  I just can't wait to meet him and continue in this wonderful work.

             So I wanted to share a acronym with y'all.  I had forgotten about but found it in some old notes, it was said by my wonderful Trainer Elder Mann who just finished his mission 2 weeks ago.  The acronym is CPR, now when you think of CPR you think it helps renew life, bring breath back.  So this is what it stands for in gospel terms, Church Prayer Reading.  These three things can bring "breath" back to us, renew us.  And I know all these things can.

            This week at church we had three people who are investigating the church show up on Sunday.  So that was exciting, and every one of them loved it.  I hope they continue to grow spiritually as they come to church and read from the scriptures.  But yesterday was just lots of fun and is always my favorite day of the week.  It just brightens the rest of the week, I feel spiritually renewed as I partake the bread and the water.  I know that Jesus died for our sins, pains, weaknesses and everything we go through.  He knows how we feel, and wants to help us.  I love him for that, and know he will always be there for me.  Through thick and thin.

Well I hope y'all have a wonderful week, I will continue to keep all of y'all in my prayers.  Please let me know if I can do anything for you, I can't be there physically, but I can try to help.  


ELDER GUINUP
 
Here is a photo of the mission president and his wife and me.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment