Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 33: May 2, 2016

Good morning, afternoon, evening, or night.  When ever your reading this,

            This week really has been wonderful, many really successful opportunities to serve people.  So that means we did a lot of service this week, around 20 hours.  Now because of that I'm super tired but it was also very rewarding.  It is interesting But it was good, we did 3 moves this week, worked out on 2 ranches, and helped at the March for babies event early in the morning.  So a lot of awesome opportunities to serve and show others the love and light of Christ.  It was funny though when we were at the March for babies there was a sonic tent set up giving out free power aid to people.  And we had the idea to ask if we could take some to all the volunteers parking cars.  They let us and we did several trips, after the main guy said wow y'all are hard workers, and then proceeded to give us job applications.  It really was a blessing to see others recognize the service, and then we were able to explain to them why we do service and it was wonderful.  Oh one more thing from the March for babies.  So there were a lot of food tents set up for the participants to go get lunch,  they each had one lunch ticket and so our job was to help the booths by collecting the tickets.  One elder and I went to help the Panda Express and we were able to have some great conversations with the workers.  But best of all was the mascot.  They had a panda mascot to get people to come over to their tent, and I got to wear it.  Oh ya I wore a panda mascot costume, it was very hot but totally worth it.  

         On top of this, the week was pretty good.  We have had some wonderful lessons with people investigating the church.  One of them is doing really well, he loves the Book of Mormon and has been reading it daily.  We hope to set a baptismal date with him.  So I'm super excited for this week.  On top of that his week my companion elder bore is going home so I am getting a new companion.  His name is elder Bladen.  All I know about him is he has been on his mission for a while and is a great elder.  So I'm super excited to be his companion, more to come next week.  

       Oh also I'm so excited that I get to talk to my family This next Sunday.  Aghhhhhhh it is going to be great!

      One thing we have been talking about in the mission as of recently we initiated mighty miracle may.  We can expect miracles when we do everything in our power to do the work of God.  As we strive to be like our savior we will see many miracles in our life.  I'm so excited to see what God has in store for us this month.  Love y'all and talk to y'all next week.



         ~Elder Guinup~
Florida Jacksonville Mission
Panda Missionary

I got to see my "Dad" Elder Mann- the missionary who trained me.

No comments:

Post a Comment