Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 28: March 28, 2016

Good afternoon y'all,

         I hope y'all had a great Easter yesterday,  I had a great day yesterday.  But before I get into that I'll give a quick run down of the week and what happened.  So this past week has been a blur....and I can't remember anything that happened.  

       Well I do remember some things but it has just been crazy since I've gotten down here to Ocala.  But I'll try to piece things together as I write.  So to start of when we got down here Elder Dean, Elder Bore and I didn't have our apartment keys or phone.  We were supposed to meet up with some other missionaries and they were going to get those items to us.  But that didn't happen, so when we got to our apartment we had no way to get in so we did what any other guy would do, we went to the back of our apartment and opened the kitchen window and climbed on in.  We did get our keys later from the other missionaries but still no phone.  That is being mailed to us, so it has been quite and interesting week.

      Anyways on to one funny experience from this past week.  So we were out just visiting people that the missionaries would visit before we came into Ocala.  And there was this one lady on our list so we stopped by.  She invited us in, and she had a lot of amazing dogs in her house.  She trains dogs to be service animals, so some of hem were for anxiety, while others were for health issues, and even ones for who were trained to pick up dropped phones, wallets, keys, and even open doors.  It was so cool, but while we were talking to her in her living room something unthinkable happened.  A miniature horse walked around the corner from the kitchen!!!  Yes a mini horse in her house, and guess what.  It was a trained service animal.  It is able to pick up anything dropped, open doors, can be used as a support if someone has trouble walking.  The way she described it was the horse is like a cane with a brain.  It was great.

       So I guess you could say we have been having a blast down here.  Besides the mini horse we have met so many awesome people who we can see were prepared to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ in their life.  I love it so much down here and am having a blast.  Plus I have great companions, they are amazing.

       Finally I just wanted to make a comment on Easter, I loved yesterday and the opportunity we had to remember the wonderful gift we have been given by our savior.  I was so grateful for the opportunity we had yesterday to remember what our savior Jesus Christ did for us.  I love my savior and the gift he has given us to be forgiven of our sins.  I love my savior and I encourage y'all to take time out of y'alls day to reflect on the wonderful gift from our savior.  I testify that he lives, and because he lives we too can live.

I love y'all, have a great week,

         ~Elder Guinup~
Florida Jacksonville Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment